The HakuSwap (“Protocol”) is a set of smart contracts made available by HakuSwap (“HakuSwap Labs”) on a voluntary, “as-is” and “as available” basis. It is not a service of any kind and you should not rely on HakuSwap to assist you to evaluate the Protocol, assess its fitness for any purpose or comply with any requirements. You assume all risks arising from interactions with the Protocol including without limitation all applicable legal and regulatory risks in connection with the use and interaction with the Protocol, including with respect to any transactions. Nothing stated relating to the Protocol is a prospectus nor a solicitation for investment and does not pertain in any way to an offering of securities in any jurisdiction. Nothing stated related to the Protocol constitutes a recommendation or advice of any kind. HakuSwap is not liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of liability, arising from, out of or in connection with the Protocol.
There are several risks when using the Protocol. These risks include inherent risks associated with the use of a virtual platform, the decentralized nature of the Protocol, and participating in virtual asset transactions. Risks include, without limitation:
- Partial or total loss of virtual assets, including any value attributed to virtual assets;
- Collapse in liquidity with respect to virtual assets;
- Changes in compatibility of a virtual asset with the Protocol;
- Changes in the smart contracts;
- Regulatory uncertainty and government action against virtual assets and persons involved in virtual asset activities;
- Extreme volatility with respect to transaction parameters and value attributed to virtual assets;
- Possibility of market misconduct by participants including for example market manipulation, trading on the basis of non-public information, and front running;
- Delays in or complete failure of virtual asset transactions being confirmed;
- Counterparty risk;
- Faults, defects, hacks, exploits, errors or unforeseen circumstances occurring in respect of the platform or the technologies that the Protocol depends on;
- Loss of private keys; and
- Attacks on the Protocol or the failure of the technologies that the Platform depends on including for example distributed denial of service, sybil attacks, phishing, social engineering, hacking, smurfing, malware, double spending, majority-mining, consensus-based or other mining attacks, misinformation campaigns, forks, and spoofing.
This list of potential risks is not exhaustive and is not intended to capture the extent of all possible risks. In the event of any of the above occurring, you may lose your virtual assets entirely. Participants should consider all of the above and assess the nature of, and their own appetite for relevant risks independently and consult their own professional advisers before making any decisions to participate in the Protocol. PARTICIPANTS USE THE PROTOCOL AT THEIR OWN RISK.